UPDATED 28 JULY 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use our Site, we collect two types of information about you: 1) personal; and 2) non-personal. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you. It includes your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, credit card information, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that doesn’t personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, your use of the Site and your use of the Internet.
There are a number of circumstances in which you may voluntarily supply us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information:
- If you register for an account on the Site (when we make this an option)
- If you sign up to receive email newsletters from us (which we aren’t providing yet, but we may provide in the future)
- If you contact us to request customer service or other assistance
- If you express interest in becoming a retailer
- Through your participation in surveys or promotions
- When you make purchases on the Site
- If you engage with us on our social media account @redbarnpress
- Any other place on the Site where you knowingly volunteer personal information
- Social Media Sites
When you interact with @redbarnpress on a social media platform, such as Instagram, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that platform, including your user ID and/or user name, and any information you have made public in that arena. However, we will comply with the privacy policies of Instagram (or other corresponding social media platforms) and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
When you interact with the Site, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually. Generally, we collect and store the following categories of non-personal information:
- Demographic data such as your age, gender, and zip code as part of collecting personal information.
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Site, which may include your IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Usage information about your use of the Site, such as a reading history of the pages you view.
- Additional traffic data, such as time and date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Your search terms and search results.
- Other information regarding our users’ use of the Site.
When you interact with the Site, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bits of data that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so the website can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. We may use these technologies to collect and store information about your usage of the Site, such as the content of your shopping cart, pages you visited, content you viewed, and search queries you made.
- Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through the Site.
DO NOT TRACK PRACTICES
Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites thaty do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser. While we collect personal information from you as described above, we do not collect personal information from you to monitor your online activities across third party websites or online services and over time. We do not use or allow third parties to collect personal information from you on the Site in order to monitor your online activities across third party websites or online services and over time.
EMAIL AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
We may contact you by email or other means. For example, we may send you promotional offers or our newsletter (if we ever get to creating one), or information about your order, or to respond to your inquiry. If you do not want to receive email from us like a newsletter or other unsolicited communication, please let us know through the “unsubscribe” feature that will be included in those communications.
OUR USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect from you and about you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Site. We may use the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Provide you with the products and services you request from us
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Site
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Personalize content and experiences on our Site
- Send you newsletters, offers, and promotions for our products and services, or special events by email or other means
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations
- Detect, investigate, or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Site and their purchasing patterns
OUR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not and will not sell your personal information to any third party outside of The Red Barn Press, and will only share personal information as provided below and within our company.
We may make your information available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, agents, or sponsors, who help us manage or provide the services offered on our Site, such as hosting, billing, marketing, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. We may need to share your personal information with them, but we require that all of our service providers keep personal information confidential and not disclose it to third parties and not use it for any other purpose.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Site; (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) protect and defend our rights or property, the Site, or our users; and (d) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Site or the public.
MERGER OR SALE
If we sell all or part of our business or make a sale or transfer of our assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, The Red Barn Press may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your personal information. We use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information collected through the Site from access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY ONLINE
The Red Barn Press respects the privacy of children and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). This Site does not knowingly collect, solicit, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Site or send any information about yourself to us. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided personal information to us without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information immediately.
Parents have the right to review and have deleted any personal information we may have inadvertently collected from their children, and refuse to permit further collection of that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
The Red Barn Press is also committed to protecting the online privacy rights of minors under the age of 18. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, you may request the removal of any user content or information posted by you on our Site by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify clearly what information you have posted that you would like us to remove. We will comply with your request as soon as practicable. Please note, however, that our removal of any content or information posted by you from our Site does not ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information from the internet, and in certain situations we may not be able to remove the content, such as when we are required by law to maintain the content.
USER ACCESS AND CONTROL
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information you have previously provided to us, you may contact us directly at email@example.com. In your request, please specify clearly what information you would like to access, change, update, or suppress. We will comply with your request as soon as possible.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of The Red Barn Press to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, if any. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO OR FROM OTHER SITES
Please note that the Site may link to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy policies, which may be different from ours. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party websites or applications.
NOTICE TO NON-US USERS & GDPR COMPLIANCE
In compliance with the requirements of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), if you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com. We allow customers to:
- Manage their personal data
- Request we cease processing their personal data
- Request access to any of their personal data for whatever use they see fit
- Request we remove their personal data entirely
The Red Barn Press
P.O. Box 5827
Santa Barbara, CA 93150